Sunday, June 17, 2012

iPad Picture Upload = Fail

Sorry for the lack of pictures, folks. I can't seem to upload them on them to the blog with the iPad, so I will put some on my FB page, and you can see them there. Today was a beautiful day in Prague. I had a great night's sleep...so far my body clock seems to be ok with the adjustment. I'll let you know on night 3 how that goes since typically it takes a few days for the jet lag to start keeping me awake. Everyone in our group seems to be doing well and getting along. We'll also see how that goes by day 3!

At breakfast this morning, I met a high school German teacher and her daughter from South Bend, IN. The little girl wants to go to Purdue, so I got to chat about Indiana with them. They were here with a high school tour group, which I do not envy in the least.

After a really nice breakfast in the hotel, we joined our tour guide Petr for a walking tour of Prague. He is pretty much a huge deal (he has been highlighted by Rick Steves and the Wall Street Journal), but is very nice and helpful. We visited the Jewish Quarter, which was very interesting. Since Petr apparenty has connections (or more likey is just very good at being a tour guide) we had tickets and got to skip past the 2 hour wait into the museums and synagogue. The buildings were beautiful, but the history is sobering. After our 3 1/2 hour tour, we stopped for lunch and then came back to the hotel for a rest and a short class meeting. Then I spent a couple of hours grading papers - thrilling.

Tonight was our welcome dinner since we arrived late last night. We ate at a medieval looking sort of place where they served Chicken Cordon Bleu in gravy with fries. It was good, but the beef cheeks and potato croquettes last night were my favorite so far. The conversation at dinner, however, was very entertaining. Petr is a really knowledgeable and interesting fellow, who seems to have lived 100 lives already. If you ever come to Prague and are planning to hire a private tour guide, he really knows his history and is very nice. I would highly recommend him.

Tomorrow we'll be visiting Ernst and Young, so that should be an interesting stop. In the afternoon, we'll go to the Prague Castle. Hopefully I can get some good photo opps there (which I will post to FB).

Off to sleep (hopefully)!

No comments:

Post a Comment