Monday, July 25, 2011

Ciao, Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires has been absolutely lovely, but tomorrow morning we'll be heading out for Rio de Janiero. I think I'll miss the food and Malbec the most. Last night's ribeye (ojo de bife) and tiramisu were unbelievably delicious, and I had a fun group of students to sit with. You can see all of us at the restaurant, with our waiter Juan Carlos in a picture as soon as I get a better internet connection.

One of my favorite things has been the empanada restaurant just down from the hotel. You can see a picture of the ones I had at lunch today (hopefully once I get a faster internet connection). They are so delicious. I know that a lot of my writings from these different cities/countries revolve about food...that is no coincidence, clearly I love to eat. Luckily, we are walking quite a bit, although I'm not sure it's really enough to make up for all the delicious steak I've had.

This morning we visited an agricultural fair, which is a lot like any agricultural expo in the US. They had some pretty fantastic leather goods for reasonable prices, not to mention some delicious traditional Argentinian sweets. Right before we left the expo, it started pouring and has been raining on and off all afternoon. Although it was a little disappointing to spend my last afternoon in Buenos Aires in a hotel room, I took a nap and packed. The nap was probably for the best since travel days are always pretty exhausting.

So, tomorrow when we arrive in Rio I'll try to post the pictures from last night and today. I am a little nervous about Rio since I don't really know any Portuguese, but it's supposed to be a beautiful place and we're on the Copacabana beach. Ciao, Buenos Aires.

No comments:

Post a Comment