Thursday, July 21, 2011

Traveling to Buenos Aires

To sum it up, Buenos Aires looks to be a beautiful city on the drive in from the airport, but I'm sort of exhuasted. We got up this morning in Santiago, and left our hotel at 6 AM. Word to the wise...in Santiago, the only reason to leave your hotel in order to be to the airport early would be to avoid traffic. For a 9 AM flight, we weren't allowed to check in until after 7:30 AM. We got to the hotel in Buenos Aires about 2:00 PM, and the only parts of the city I've seen so far are those just around the hotel. Unfortunately, our rooms weren't ready when we got here, so we just hung around waiting for a bit while the students went to play their city game. So we went to eat, went to the market, got settled in, and have just gotten accustomed to our surroundings at a new hotel. So far Buenos Aires appears much less "cozy" than Santiago. Although, that's not an entirely fair assessment since I haven't been out and about too much here. Tomorrow morning we have a visit with a meat packing plant and the US Embassy. The meat packer should definitely be interesting, especially to see how the students react. Plus, although I've been to several processing facilities, I've never been to a major meat processor in any country. Hopefully there is no fresh tripe samples hot off the line or anything like that.

Although today was a travel day and fairly uneventful, the time in Buenos Aires should be exciting with company visits, a tango lesson (and show), a ferry ride to Uruguay, and lots of site-seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment